Looked at the sky tonight and saw this, a little freaky. Today I found out that one of my colleagues was diagnosed with aggressive pancreatic cancer and has an optimistic two weeks to live. There was a haunting familiarity about all of it. Life is short. When it's our turn, that's it. No negotiations, no extensions, no second chances. I wish I could live today like there was no tomorrow but my "natural man" is too strong. I find too many things wrong about my life instead of right. How do you get that focus? How do you look ahead beyond the negative into the total awareness of who you are? How do you find charity for those that "bug" you, those that hurt you and say rude things to you? If I could learn that, I think I would be doing okay. Is charity and optimism a gift? Something to be prayed for and sought after? Act as if you possess them and then you will?
1 Cor. 13: 1-4, 8
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
8 Charity never faileth
January 23, 2008
Freaky Skies
Posted by Lori Ashton at 6:00 PM