January 2, 2008

Long Drive

Well, our holiday finally came to an end and we got up early this morning to head home. We left around 5:15 a.m. to head back to the land of warmth. The kids promised that I could stop in St. George to take a picture of the temple. We got a little lost but finally got back onto the interstate. We had a relatively uneventful trip.

When we got to Las Vegas, to contrast the beautiful image we got in St. George, we headed toward "The Strip." I thought that the kids would enjoy seeing what Las Vegas is all about from a safe distance. They did make their own comments about the difference between the temple and the strip. We saw a few scary people but nothing real exciting. We got a little lost in Las Vegas also while trying to locate a place to eat that all could agree on.

We finally made it home after about 13 hours in the car. Wyatt was glad to see us and we were glad to tell him all about our trip. I showed him all the crafts that I want him to help me with. Now I am going to sleep in my own bed and stay in bed all morning tomorrow.

0 comments: