January 15, 2008

Night Shots

Okay, so I have let this get a bit out of control. I am going to take a day off. I've got to quit dreaming about taking pictures. So I leave my camera home today. I go about my business. No, I can't look for places to shoot. I will not look for places to shoot. Oh, that would be a good shot. And, look at that. Okay, stop. I don't have my camera. Stop it.

So I take Sadie for a walk and what happens when I go to the end of our neighborhood? The most perfect sunset I have ever seen. The sky is dusty and the rays of the sun are streaming through the peaks and valleys of the San Tans. The most gorgeous oranges and pinks are in the sky. The mountains are a deep blue. The field in front of me is a lush green color that extends to what seems like the base of the mountain. Guess what? I don't have my camera!! That's why I have my camera with me at all times because you never know what you are going to miss.

So I go out tonight to satisfy my addiction and take a few night shots. Not the best, but at least I practiced with my aperture.