Somewhere between sleep and awake
I look for you
I have kissed your cheek and touched your hair
But only in dreams
I wake up to faint glimpses of you
I can’t remember now
So I try again
It has become an obsession of sorts
Calling for you in my mind
Where have you gone?
Daddy, I’m still here waiting, listening
I feel you pushing me,
Where do you want me to go?
Am I looking in the wrong place for you?
Your voice is just a memory
Fading day by day
I try to remember but it’s almost gone
In my dreams, I see your lips move
I know you are speaking to me
But I can’t hear you
I search for wisdom only you can give
I can’t find it anymore
Your white hair flashes in my mind
Somewhere between sleep and awake
Where my heart aches
February 24, 2008
Dreams
Posted by Lori Ashton at 1:26 PM