August 20, 2008

"Event Monitor"

Well, I finally went in to the cardiologist for my flip-flopping, heart pausing, anxiety causing heart beat. I am scheduled for a echo cardiogram and a stress test in two weeks and I am currently wearing an event monitor. It is a small thing, like an iPod with two cords coming out of it that attach to electrodes which are stuck on my upper right chest and lower left rib area. It can hold up to four "events." Those events are either automatically caught by the monitor or I can manually capture an event if I feel symptoms. After four events, I have to call the place and transmit the info over the phone like a fax. I have had to transmit four times already today. I actually asked them if I was transmitting too much and they reassured me that some people transmit up to 20 times a day.

Well, I wrote Rhett a letter but didn't have a stamp. I need to go buy a book from the store. I got ahold of Brock today. He had a hard time last week as he was on duty and he saw some things that he never would like to have seen. Scary the things that go on in this world. I am glad I stay in my little corner of it and don't see too many disturbing things.

The girls are all going to school and busy with homework. Kodi was talked into playing the oboe by her band teacher and Gray was talked into a baritone. They are both having second thoughts about saying yes. They all get up so early and come home so exhausted but there is homework to be done and chores to do. I wear myself out just watching them.

0 comments: