March 15, 2009

Utah Trip....phase 2 (family)

Today I went to sacrament meeting with my mom. A man in the ward was speaking and he talked about his little four-year-old son. His son sleeps upstairs and he was getting him ready for bed and helping him say his prayers. He tucked him in and was leaving to shut off the light. The little boy said, "Dad, would you check on me a couple of times in the night." Although the boy would be asleep when his dad checked on him, it was enough just to know that he would be there.

Unexpectedly, the tears came to my eyes. I thought of how my Heavenly Father must check on me a "couple of times" in my darkest hour and the peace that comes from knowing that He is there.

Later, we went over to the Porters for some food, fun, and cousins!!

Mr. G, as cute as ever!!

1 comments:

Wyatt said...

I Love you Lori

-Wyatt