You know, there are times in my life that I feel my dad is near. There are times that I read something or feel something and I know that my Heavenly Father is near. Somethings pierce my very soul and I know that it is a direct message just to me. Today, that happened, but not only did it happen to me, it also happened to Wyatt at the very same time. Wyatt and I are in tune to each other that way. We have always been. I can be dialing his number and just then the phone rings and it's him. Or he will text me with a thought and I was thinking the exact same random thing at that exact moment. I love that about us. I love being that connected to him.
Well, today was no different. It was clearly a message from my dad that hit us both at the same time during sacrament meeting. We have been having hard time lately with our children's choices. An almost inconsolable grief that goes along with children who choose the wrong path has been haunting us. What could we have done different, better, over? Did we fail as parents? How do we deal with it now? The agony follows us like a shadow, depressing our very hearts. A silent heavy burden Wyatt and I share together, yet so alone. Where is the relief? How can we cast this burden at the feet of the Savior? A message of comfort came that hit us both as we sweetly sang the closing song in sacrament meeting. We cannot deny that it came directly from my dad:
September 6, 2009
Another "I'm Here" Message from my dad...
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
God be with you till we meet again;
By his counsels guide, uphold you;
With his sheep securely fold you.
God be with you till we meet again.
God be with you till we meet again;
When life's perils thick confound you,
Put his arms unfailing round you.
God be with you till we meet again.
God be with you till we meet again;
Keep love's banner floating o'er you;
Smite death's threatening wave before you.
God be with you till we meet again.
Till we meet, till we meet, till we meet
at Jesus' feet.
Till we meet, till we meet,
God be with you till we meet again.
I have no doubt that my dad knows our sorrow as does our Savior. My dad is near and he is giving us counsel still, even from the other side of the veil.
Posted by Lori Ashton at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a special thing! I say that you should find comfort in knowing that you are living the way you should because you are able to know the promptings and see and value them instead of ignoring them!
I too hope and pray that my kids will make good choices...I am sure our parents thought the same things about us. Hopefully they will experience enough to know what is truly right. You guys are awesome I am sure it will all work out for the best! In the meantime enjoy the blessings being given to you straight from heaven!
That's one of my favorite songs. When I was in high school, Ryan, Cord and the rest of the boys basketball team would sing it as we headed back into town after a long trip on the rez. They were probably being sarcastic, but for me it was such a comfort on those dark winter nights.
I was thinking of your kids just today. Wyatt had made a comment about their choices of friends. But my thoughts were that they had always found great friendship with each other. Ultimately, family is the best "friend" you can have, and you've done a great job teaching your kids that. I'm always impressed with the way they seem to enjoy each other.
Hang in there, you're not alone. You've got people on both sides of the veil supporting you.
Thank you for sharing. My thoughts and prayers are with you. There is nothing I fear more than to have my kids make choices they should not...no pain more exquisite than even thinking about it. But thankfully we know they've been raised by good parents.
Music seems to me to be one of the most moving forms of spiritual expression. Nothing moves me to tears, teaches me more thoroughly or sticks with me as long as a beautiful song and meaningful lyrics. I'm so glad you both found comfort in a hymn and I hope you continue to be blessed knowing you have support from heavenly hands.
*HUGS*
Post a Comment