February 19, 2012

Shooting and Riding

We had a fun weekend adventure of shooting guns and riding the four-wheeler.  I always tell Brock that if it wasn't for him, we would spend our weekends in our recliners (like old people should) Haha!  We had a lot of fun together.  Even pregnant Kelli was able to go with us and shoot a couple of times.

We also had a cocklebur fight, which later ended in tragedy and tears of cutting some hair, but other than that, I think everyone had a good time.

On the way home, Brock came upon an accident and got out to administer first aid to a 15 year old boy that was riding a four-wheeler too fast around a corner with his cousin.  His cousin had gone off for help and left the 15 year old on the side of the road.  Shortly, Wyatt and I came upon the scene.  My kids were mortified as I went into my nursing role and looked into the kid's shirt to assess his injuries.  I told the kid, "You can tell all your friends about the excitement you had today, you wrecked and an old lady looked down your shirt."  He definitely had a broken collar bone and possibly an injury to his shoulder.  When his cousin came back with the 15 year old's mother, I told him, "Dude, your wrist is broken" as he was cradling it near his abdomen (obvious deformity noted).  I explained to the mom that I was a nurse and both those boys needed medical attention with possible broken bones.  We helped them load up their four-wheeler and they drove away to the hospital (I hope!)




















0 comments: