July 7, 2012

My Greatest Blessing

Last night I noticed that Wyatt had a sunburn on both arms.  When I asked him where he got it,
he proceeded to tell me that he was "test driving" a Harley and brought it home.  Instead of being excited for him, I expressed my frustration that he didn't let me know.  I told him how I would
feel if the police showed up on my doorstep to tell me my husband was involved in a motorcycle accident (I would tell them they were crazy and that my husband doesn't have a motorcycle).


This morning after we knelt down together to pray, I crawled back into bed and he left for work.  When I heard the motorcycle start up, I rushed to the window remembering that I never even
asked to see it or acted interested in it.  As I watched him drive away, my heart was filled
with love for this man who sacrifices everything.  To see him doing something that he longs to
do so badly made me smile.  Then I sent him a text, something about how HOT he looked on it!!

Anyway, as I contemplate "US" I am just so blown away at how blessed I am to have a man like him in my life.  For a long time, I felt like he was so lucky to have me.  Now I realize how lucky I am to have him.  When I have nothing left to give, he steps up and gives for both of us. When I am discouraged, he reaches down and lifts me up.  When he gets up early to go to the temple and
I say, "It's too early," he goes anyway.  He is faithful.  He is righteous.

I joke to him that he is my hero.  Whenever I am stuck, flat tire, car broke down, need something fixed, etc., he comes to my rescue.  But in actuality, he has rescued my spirit.  He helps me sanctify myself.  He helps me understand the redeeming power of the atonement.  He lifts me up
to be better than I could be by myself.  I am so lucky.  He is my greatest blessing.  

0 comments: