January 31, 2016

What I learned in Religion Class This Week: Lehi's Final Blessings

Lehi Gives His Final Blessings


This week, I read about Lehi's final blessings that he gave to his children.  I remember well, right before my dad died, he gave each of us blessings.  Oh how I wish I would have written or recorded that final blessing.  How lucky I think Lehi's family were to have had those things recorded.  

As he speaks to the children of Laman and Lemuel, I am interested in one sentence "...I know that if ye are brought up in the way ye should go ye will not depart from it."

I think about my own grandchildren and the teaching that is or isn't happening in their homes.  I believe that Heavenly Father who is full of mercy, will take into account those things that parents do or don't teach their children.  Hopefully, the things I neglected to teach will be made up to my children and the things they neglect to teach their children will be made up to them, etc.  It also gives me comfort in knowing that if children are given proper (at least parents that strive to give proper) gospel upbringing that whether in this life or in the next, our children will remain faithful to it.  

We all have to have some sort of fair playing field.  Before final judgment, it is my belief, that everyone will be allowed to have the pure gospel taught to them and the opportunity to accept or reject it.  Even those who got part of it in their childhood, but not the fullness. 

0 comments: