Before I tell about the fun day we had, I just have to tell another little story....the story behind the shirt she is wearing in these pictures. On Easter Sunday we went to church. While we were sitting there, another little girl with sparkly shoes and a dress walked up the aisle and out the door. I watched Shelby's face when I noticed that she noticed the little girl. I saw Shelby look the little girl up and down, clearly admiring her sparkly shoes and dress. Her eyes were fixed on her the entire walk up the aisle and out the door. Then I saw Shelby lift up her own shoe to look at it. I felt a little sad as I thought that even as little girls, it seems women start from an early age to criticize ourselves. I asked her later why she looked at her shoes and innocently she said, "I looked because I couldn't remember if my shoes were sparkly."
So after telling Aunt Kelli the story, she went out and bought Shelby the outfit and the shirt that says, "You were born to sparkle." So sweet!!
We had a great day!!


























0 comments:
Post a Comment