March 18, 2007

An Army of One

A little piece of family news,

Brock has made the decision to become "an army of one" as the commercials say. He joined the Army about a week ago and completed and passed his GED on Tuesday of this past week. He sat for the ASVAB test and got such a good grade that the army offered him a choice of jobs in the military. It looks like at this point he has chosen 13F for his career path. (at least that's how he put it?) The way I understand the job is that he is responsible for coordinating troops and support in certain battles with and through his commanding officers. He will be leaving normal life here on the 25th of April and reporting to Fort Sill in Oklahoma? for basic training. After 13 weeks there he'll be on to an assignment or training of some sort...that has not been disclosed at this point.

Please pray for him and us as we move through these trying times in our lives.

Thanks Wyatt

Read what others had to say:

Bill Ballard - Mar 19, 2007
our prayers have been and will continue to be for the ashton family. We all have traveled some of these paths but it is so good to have someone to travel with. you've got us and the savior and there will be nothing that will help like he does since he has already felt the pain and knows what we are going through. He is the only one who can say"I know what you are going through,. We love you very much. dad

Bill Ballard - Mar 19, 2007
Tell brock congratulations on the passing of the ged and the placement test. Go get them brock.

Paula Ballard - Mar 22, 2007
Congrats on passing the GED, Also, good luck on your career choice. May you always remember that the Savior is only a prayer away. May the Lord walk with you in your new choices. Let me know where to send the packages. We must eacho one walk our own path and then the knowledge and learning is truly tailored as we have chosen. God Speed and bless the Army and you and your family.

India Williams - Mar 26, 2007
My family and I have also traveled this path. Though at times it seems there is no light at the end the Savior never leaves us. I wrote this during a trying time in my life
When my courage wanes and I stand alone on the precipice of life,
My Gethsemane again fulfilled
And the humble words repeated "Thy will be done"
I feel his loving presents.
But if only for a moment the sweeping of my soul.
The peace that I am where I am suppose to be
His purpose yet unknown.
Gently, kindly He urges me on
On to complete my journey
To discover the power with in,
To seek His constant care.
For that precious moment He is there.

My prayers are also with you.

Jared Ballard - Mar 26, 2007
Our little family is growing up and each of our children are making their way in the world. What an exciting time for our kids and a scary time for the parents and grandparents. I hope we have all done our part and have armed our children with the hope of Christ. All of those kids of ours are good kids. May our Heavenly Father bless them all and walk them back. My we all be humble enough to follow whatever path we might be on.

Lori Ashton - Mar 29, 2007
I know that my being here on this earth is a mistake because I know myself well enough that I would vote for FORCING our kids to choose the right----Well, I guess not. I like to think that I understood completely the concept of free agency and embraced it before I came here--I know I embraced it when I was a teenager, but as a mother that is one hard thing to embrace.

It is the hardest thing to have what is most important to me not be the most important thing to my kids. But I hope that someday they will realize what is important for themselves, the way I had to.

Seth Porter - Apr 27, 2007
Congrats to Brock!! I am proud of him and will be praying for him. My one suggestion would be to seriously get Aunt Paula that address, she doesn't mess around with those packages man. I got three in the MTC. I'd also like to get ahold of that address. Good luck to him with everything, don't forget how much we love you and your Heavenly Father loves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cya

0 comments: