As most of you know dad's condition continues to decline. We have all spent many hours praying that Heavenly Father would send someone to take him home. Either Heavenly Father still has His reasons for keeping him in his ravaged body, or dad is a lot stronger or scared of dying than we thought.
Today he is so weak that he can't even speak. Every once in a while we can make out what his mouth is mouthing out but most of the time we have to play the "squeeze-my-hand-if-this-is-what-you-want" game. But even that is not working this afternoon.
We gave him a "bath" today and changed his sheets. I don't think he was very happy with all of the jostling about. Lori went home yesterday. We miss her. She was so faithful taking care of dad and staying in his room. I felt good if I had to leave the house knowing that dad was in good hands. Now she is gone and Mom, Lenay, Jared, and I have to make due. Sorry dad, I know you appreciated Lori's loving touch.
I have been there sometimes when dad wakes up from his sleep. I see in his eyes the disappointment of seeing my basement again. I think he expects to see something a bit more "heavenly". He asked us the other day how he was suppose to start this. I assume he meant going to the other side.
Through all this he has never once blamed anyone for his condition. He has handled his tribulation with great courage. If this was a test for dad, he is passing with flying colors.
We thank all of you for your continued prayers in our father's behalf. We feel them and I'm sure that he feels them.
Thank you all very much.
July 29, 2007
Bryan Update
Posted by Lori Ashton at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment