April 7, 2008

Falling off the Wagon

I guess I have fallen off the radar for a while. I stopped fighting people to pose for me. Now my kids are begging me to take pictures of them. I actually have to go take some pictures tomorrow night for Young Women. They asked if I would take some pictures of the girls.

Today I happened to go into town to look for pieces for a project Rhett is working on. We tried several places without success. I finally found a Wal-Mart where I needed to stop and get a few groceries. I happened to go over in the toy section still looking for Rhett's project. I saw this beautiful woman and I thought, "Wow, she is so pretty." I walked around her and she just seemed to stare at me. I couldn't figure out why in the world she wouldn't move out of my way. Finally I heard, "Lori?" I turned around and looked into her face. It was Dawna South. I couldn't believe it. We chatted for just a minute. I couldn't help but wonder how many times we pass by people we know and care about and we never even notice it?

Brock has decided to get married in the temple with Rachel. We are all excited. He is coming home sometime the last part of April to get his patriarchal blessing. Then they will begin making plans for their wedding. I hope that they make it. It is so hard to hang in there passed all the hard things and get to the temple but it is so worth it. He called me today to let me know that he sold his red Chevy truck and bought a Jeep Cherokee (at least it wasn't a motorcycle).

Well, we are all hanging in there. Tomorrow the kids have AIMS. Kelli doesn't have to go because she already passed it all last year. I am so ready for summer and just to be a full time mom. I love my kids and I love my role as a mother and wished that I had more energy after a day's work to give everything to my kids. I struggle with working. My heart wants to be home, to be a homemaker and a mother but I am so blessed for the job that I do have that everyday I can drive my kids to work, work, and be with my kids right after school. Heavenly Father has always watched out for me and I am so thankful for that.

Conference weekend was awesome. We were able to watch all four sessions. I felt like the message the Elder Ballard gave was possibly a message from my dad. I did feel very specific answers come from the talks. Wyatt and I both felt the spirit of the talks and we both needed it.

Tomorrow Rhett and I go for our eye appointments. Finally, my contacts are driving me crazy.

Well, I guess that is about all for catching up.

0 comments: