July 30, 2007

Update

This morning has been hard. Dad has had a pretty rough go at it since 6:30 this morning. He threw-up first thing and seemed to cover not only himself but his bed as well. bryan and I promptly washed him and changed his garments and his linens. As soon as we had him adjusted. He threw-up twice more and drenched himself and the bed sheets again. We cleaned him as best as we could and then waited so his stomach could settle before we tried to clean him again.

As we change him and his garments we found that his lower hole that is just above his groin was filled with waste (crap). This is a huge concern for us as that hole his just to remove liquid from his body cavity. This is the hole that leads to his entire inside. Also from his urostomy (forgive my spelling I can even spell small english words.) in that bag was filled with blood.

The hospice nurse came and did an evaluation on him. She says that he is still making bowel sounds so that means that his intestines have not exploded. Also she said that the blood could come from the other kidney as it has failed. She also said that it could be a couple of more days. We pray that it is not. We look at the waste that is coming from that hole and can't imagine that he will take much longer. We will try and keep him as comfortable as possible. The nurse was also surprise at how much he had gone downhill just from Friday when she was here.

Dad has done an extremely good job and has been more than positive throughout this whole experience. He has been strong and positive throughout this entire trial and may God bless him for it. I know I have been blessed beyond imagine for having been raised and taught by this great man. Even now in his last moments in this life he has loved us all enough to set an example of being submissive, humble and enduring anything that his Father has asked him to go through. My we all bless William Ballard Jr. Life and eternities by following his example and becoming more like him. If we do this I am certain that we will become more like our Father-in-Heaven.

With whispered breaths dad has always told us these last days that "I Love You Too". I pass this along to the whole family I am certain that I extends to all of us.

Dad Loves us All!

Love Jared

0 comments: