June 9, 2008

While You Were Out

Wyatt and I enjoyed our own version of "While You Were Out," a redecorating TV show that involves someone making over a room while the other person is away for the weekend, etc. All the kids went to camp last week beginning on Tuesday. Wyatt and I had the whole house to ourselves. He took off work on Thursday and we had a great time painting bedrooms, making headboards, and decorating and cleaning the house. It was so much fun. Wyatt said, "At first I was worried about how we would get along when all the kids left the house, but now I am excited for all the kids to leave the house."

We had a blast. We went out to eat and watched a movie. We went to bed early and didn't have to worry about kids staying up late or waking us up early. It was absolutely heaven. Then about Friday, I was standing in the kitchen doing a few dishes, when I looked around and noticed that the house was still clean in all the places that I cleaned yesterday--it was awesome!!! Then......tears welled up in my eyes and I thought to myself, all this (clean house and everything) is worth nothing without my kids. It is them who I clean up for and decorate for, so they will love to be home. Wyatt and I did manage to enjoy the rest of the time before they all came back on Saturday afternoon. They were dirty and tired.

Rhett went on a super activity where the young men went to Canyon Lake and they hiked and biked, repelled and boated. He cliff dove and skiied. He had all kinds of fun and it showed in his massive sunburn on his shoulders, knees, and tops of feet (long hours of sitting in a boat). He had a blast.

The girls went just passed Payson and they camped and cried, sang songs and laughed. They came back with all kinds of stories and adventures. Kelli was so happy that should could go with both of her sisters and enjoy their camp as a YCL. Kodi had no problems with her asthma. One of the girls in the camp fainted and had a slight seizure and that made Kodi feel sick and homesick, but she muddled through. Gray had no problems at all, she seems to fit in whereever she is put.

We are all home now and today is Wyatt's birthday. We are going to celebrate when he gets home tonight.

0 comments: