

We went to SJ for a funeral. Mom treated us to El Camino afterward (love that chimi). After that, we went over to visit with Quinn and Michelle for a couple of hours. We headed to Snowflake after that.
While we were at mom and dad's, we cleaned up a little and took some furniture. I was cleaning in the bathroom and I just started throwing away all this stuff that dad used during his illness. Then I threw away some more and I figured if mom is living okay now, she doesn't need any of this (like bars of soap they give you in the hotel, etc.) I thought out loud, "Dad would kill me for throwing away all of this." That's when I finally broke down. I cried and cried. Wyatt finally came in to find out what was going on. I told him, "It's fine to just leave things the way they are because then it will always be here. It is hard to throw this away and clean it up because then it is gone, he'll be gone."
It was a little scary to stay there. I walked down that long hall from the back room and turned off the light which is in the middle of the hall and I walked passed dad's room and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him standing there in his garments...I hauled out of there out into the living room!!!
Seeing his little metal marker on his grave was hard, but that's how he was in life. Hardly had anything to show monetarily for his life.
May 25, 2008
Memorial Day Weekend
Posted by Lori Ashton at 7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment