July 30, 2008

Back to the Old Grind

Well, I am back to work. Today Kodi and Gray went to Bookstore Days and got their schedules and ID. Kelli will go on Friday. Rhett called today and talked for about three minutes. He said that he was doing fine and that he loved us all. He also said that next week he will be attempting the GED but doesn't know if there is any funding for college classes if he passes. I told him that we missed him so much. He says that he has pretty much been homesick all this time. He wanted us to send him some pictures. It was good to hear his voice and he didn't once say that he wanted to come home or he didn't cry, so that was good for me mostly.

The girls went over to Grandma Ashton's house today and gave it a good cleaning. She has been slightly debilitated with her bad hip and so it makes it hard to do much of anything. They cleaned windows, baseboards, ceiling fans, bathrooms, vacuumed, mopped, and cleaned out the game closet. They were worn out by the time I got to them.

Brock called yesterday and things are okay with him. He has some possible plans to come home in December, but I will believe it when I see it. I don't like to get my hopes up about seeing him and then be let down. When I lay my eyes on him and hold him in my arms, then I will believe it. His wrist is healing up but he is still in a cast until next week and they will take another look at it and possibly he will have a splint for another six weeks. For now he is not to do physical training and other things with the rest of the group. He says that he is tired of it and later in the evening, he puts on a long sleeved shirt (so no one can see the cast) and goes running.

0 comments: