Well, a lot of things have happened since I blogged last. Kelli and Rhett went off to Trek a few weeks ago. They both had a great time and we have a DVD full of pictures but I can't figure out how to get those pics off the DVD. 
Brock called a few weeks ago asking if he should go to the doctor as he jumped out of a swing and his wrist and hand started to swell. He eventually went and found out that he broke his scaphoid bone in the hand and was put in a full arm cast. He, of course in true Ashton form, ended up cutting his cast down below the elbow because he states, "I can't work with it on." He subsequently went four wheeling and got stuck and ended up getting mud and water all up in his cast so he cut it off and went to the doctor again today for another cast. It is the same arm as his tattoo and I was thinking to myself, I know I want that tattoo gone but covering it up isn't working. Hopefully he can get all healed up and go about his business. 
About a week and a half ago, Wyatt and I took Rhett over to PCAZ where he will live in a residential facility and get his GED and possibly a few college courses. It has been hard being without him and not being able to talk to him and ask him if he is okay and if he likes it or not. Wyatt and I have both shed some tears about it and hate to picture him alone and away from home. Hopefully this will be what he needs in his life to get over the hump that he has been in. 
Last week, the girls and I went up to Utah where we had a good time in the cool weather. We went to a few games (ultimate frisbee @ BYU, softball). We were able to see Bryan and Jared and their families for a few minutes. We spent a day at Lagoon and we had a great time. My favorite ride was the Rocket. It sent you up so high and then just dropped you. It was my all-time favorite. Wes, Kelli's boyfriend, was able to go with us and be with us while we were there, which made Kelli very happy. 

After Lagoon, we stopped at the children's hospital to visit Gunnar. He had surgery on both his legs to move his knees around so he won't be "knocked-kneed." He didn't seem like he was feeling very well.
Now we are back to our boring lives. I start school next week and the kids start on the 6th. Yesterday we did some school shopping and all the girls got some immunizations! Yipee! The missionaries came over for FHE last night and gave us the first discussion.
July 22, 2008
Wrapping Up Summer
Posted by Lori Ashton at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment