July 8, 2008

Turning Towards the Light


Rhett has come a long way in the last seven months. I don't know if it is the break that the summer brings from the friends and peer pressure he felt at school or the constant monitoring of his meds but he has made a remarkable change in his life. He is getting ready to go to Project Challenge. It is a military type school focusing on kids on the verge of dropping out of mainstream school. By December, he will have his GED and be ready to go to a community college. It's not exactly my dream for him but the doors of opportunity have been closed for him and this is a way to open other ones up. I can only pray that this is the right decision for him. Here are two pictures of him. One taken at the beginning of this year and another one taken just the other day. I didn't plan the composition of the pictures, but it portrays him so beautifully.

0 comments: