September 13, 2008

Connections

Rhett was able to go to PIR to promote Project Challenge

Wyatt went to Project Challenge this morning for Parent Conference. He was able to speak with Rhett's teachers. He also got a tour of the facility. The last place he saw was the barracks. Wyatt said that he was full of emotion when he saw where his child had been living for the past 10 weeks. Then he saw a letter on Rhett's pillow.

Wyatt came home and we sat around the table and read the letter. I believe that there are unexplainable connections between parents and their children. Sometimes we don't even know they are there. We don't hear much from Rhett. He is able to write letters and have a few phone calls but they only last a minute or so. We don't really get a chance to hear all about what he is doing. In this particular letter, Rhett explained that he and a few others were allowed to go to a Cardinals game........the same game the Wyatt, I, and the girls went to on August 29th. We were in the same building as Rhett and didn't even know it. Then he went on to say that he and a few others were able to go and set up the Healing Fields at Tempe Towne Lake.

I truly believe that we are drawn to each other. I don't know how to explain it but I know that the bond between parents and children can never be broken. Now if I can just figure out how to connect with my dad, I'll be all set.

0 comments: