I have been trying all week to get close to the Spirit so I could get answers when I watched conference. The questions that I needed answers for weren't what the Lord had in mind for me. Instead, the prophet's message spoke quietly to my soul about simple things. He spoke of taking time to enjoy today. To simply find joy in the journey. Even though our lives are hard, we shouldn't let that keep us from enjoying life. He said to help a widow (I took time to call my mom), contact a friend (I sent a text to a friend I haven't seen for a while), enjoy life.
I find myself being a penny pincher and I justify not going anywhere because I always figure, "The weekend will be over whether we go somewhere or not and I choose not to spend money." I love to watch the intermission between sessions. There was a little documentary that spoke about "Parents are in the business of making memories." I have decided to make memories. I need to have more traditions, no matter how small.
There was a mother on the show that said that they drag their teenagers out for a Sunday walk every Sunday. She expressed how grateful she was for that time because that was the only time her kids would hold her hand and she took advantage of that.
The prophet said that this life is short and soon our loved ones will be gone and we will have wished that we had said more kind things, spent more time, made more memories. I know that is true because I feel that way about my dad and my sons.
So off I go, renewing myself to be in the business of making memories.
October 6, 2008
The Prophet was Speaking to Me
Posted by Lori Ashton at 4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment