October 1, 2008

That Time of Year

I always associate conference weekend with the change of the seasons, the days growing shorter, a chill in the air, the leaves changing colors. I remember growing up, we would always huddle around the TV covered in blankets (not cold enough for a fire, but just chilly enough for blankets). Now I am grown and it is 100+ degrees outside, but conference weekend is still fall for me. I love looking forward to hearing the prophet and apostles speak. This week I am trying to be more prayerful and to live more worthy so that I can enjoy the guidance of the Spirit.

What greater motivator can I have to turn to the Savior than the promise from the First Presidency in For the Strength of Youth, that says: "The Lord will make much more out of your life than you can by yourself. He will increase your opportunities, expand your vision, and strengthen you. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges."


I am hoping that the Lord has mercy on me and that I can receive some much needed guidance this weekend as I listen to his living prophets.

0 comments: