Here's is an easy apple pie recipe that I want to try:
9 medium apples, peeled, cored and wedged
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
Mix this all together in a bowl, pour it into the pie crust and proceed with the rest.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
Cut the butter into small cubes (best to do this with butter right out of the fridge) mix in the flour and sugar and sprinkle over the apples--I used every bit and made sure the butter was everywhere, not all clumped in one place.
Sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon and place the second pie crust on top and pinch all around the edges. Make several slits on the crust to allow the steam to escape.
Cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to keep them from burning and place the pie on a cookie sheet or aluminum foil to catch the bubbling goodies. Bake for one hour. Let it sit about 15 minutes before serving.

1 comments:
I could have used this last week for a YW event. We all had to bring an apple pie. Oh well I can still try it for Thanksgiving. Looks yummy.
Post a Comment