November 16, 2008

Water Disaster

You may recall...We tried to store water like this, but after moving it to the pantry, we had a water leak and all the cardboard on the boxes turned to mush and it ruined about 1/2 our water. Never trust "milk jug" quality plastic. Instead, we bought these quality 55 gallon drums and Wyatt built a stand for them and is going to put a spigot on the bottom of each one. It takes up less room and won't leak inside my house. HOORAY!!

3 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Wow! Very nice. Wish we had something like that. We need to get water in our food storage.

Rachel said...

That is weird that the plastic just broke? Maybe they were not as full and the weight made them buckle? I also have these big blue barrels. Only you are better cause your are inside. I have all of mine outside...rob is really stingy about sharing his garage! I do have a piece of plywood over the tops....hope this helps. But we also have drinking water inside....

Jeanette said...

I just showed Rick your shelves and told him that he must build us some. Love it.