August 18, 2009

2 U.S. soldiers killed by bomb in Afghanistan

By Fisnik Abrashi - The Associated PressPosted : Tuesday Aug 18, 2009 16:02:28 EDT

KABUL — A Taliban suicide bomber attacked a NATO convoy outside Kabul, killing at least eight people Tuesday, hours after mortar rounds struck near the presidential palace, as militants made good on their promise to sow mayhem in the run-up to Afghanistan’s presidential election.


Two U.S. soldiers were killed and three wounded in a separate blast in the country’s east, the U.S. command said.
I HATE, HATE, HATE this!! I hate my heart falling into the pit of my stomach every time I hear a breaking news headline about Afghanistan. I am so thankful that my daughter-in-law, Mary, keeps me posted. She said that she talked with Brock about an hour ago and that he is fine.

3 comments:

MerileeAshton said...

*hugs* I grit my teeth and cross my fingers every time I hear anything from there as well. Thanks for posting that he's safe; we'll keep praying for his continued safety, and for the families who will be facing this bad news! :(

Marcie Ashton said...

Every time there is anything video from Afghanistan, I search for Brock. We too will continue to pray for his safety.

Jeanette said...

I would hate it too! Hang in there my prayers are with you both.