December 29, 2009

Little Girl Lost

This is my Kel. She is now a married woman. I still can't believe it. She is a little lost right now, but I know her well. She is very strong and she knows deep inside who she is. She knows where she is going. She is just struggling with how to get there. It will come. I believe in her.

I believe that we knew and loved each other before we were born. I envision a tearful goodbye when I promised that I would be the best mother for her. I'm sure I couldn't understand why I had to go first. I wasn't up to the challenge. But I know that she was there, watching me, cheering me on. Just like I now watch and cheer for her.

I know we probably made promises to help each other home, back to our beautiful heavenly home. I know I promised her that I wouldn't let her down. But I'm sure I did. I'm sure it took me way longer to learn earthly lessons than we had planned in the premortal life.

I'm sure also that right now, there are others, watching and cheering for her and in the front of them all stands her Grandpa, singing his little songs and whistling his little tunes. I'm sure he is giving counsel to his great grandchildren about how to straighten their parents out or how to test their parents out (I'm not sure which). I can just picture them all standing on the edge of heaven waiting and watching together.

0 comments: