January 17, 2010

A Balance in Life

"Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness." --Carl Gustav Jung

Okay, I know that I have no room to complain because others have far worse trials and hardships than I do. But lately, I have been wandering near the place of discouragement. It pulls at me like an unseen magnet. I drop to my knees to keep from being sucked in, but it seems as soon as I stand back up, it pulls at me again.

I have decided to have a paradigm shift. To believe that the things in my life that are happening are for my good, for my experience and learning. Although some things in my life are not happening because of my choices, but the choices of others, I am going to change the way I look at them. What does Heavenly Father, who knows what I need, want me to learn from these things. I don't want to be discouraged, but go along knowing that better days are ahead. That my life has balance and this bad spell will be over and happiness again will return.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said:

If ever you are tempted to become discouraged or to lose faith...Hold on a little longer. You can do this! You are part of a special generation. You were prepared and preserved to live at this important time in the existence of our beautiful planet earth. You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story.

The Lord has blessed you with a testimony of the truth. You have felt His influence and witnessed His power. And if you continue to seek Him, He will continue to grant you sacred experiences.


It may be hard to see that at times, but hold on a little longer, for “eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” and wait for Him (1 Corinthians 2:9; see also D&C 76:10; 133:45).

...hold on a little longer—even when things look bleak. Know and remember this: the Lord loves you. He remembers you. And He will ever sustain those who “endure in faith to the end” (D&C 20:25).

1 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I've been thinking about your post a lot in the past few days.

First-I am sorry for your hard times. If there is something I can do, let me know. We're a little far apart for a Coke run-but we could figure out something.

Second- I agree with you on the need for balance. I never really thought about it, but I guess we even need the "bad" to balance out the "good". Like you said, maybe we just need to see the tough things for what they really are; opportunities to learn and grow.

I don't know...easier said than done for me...

Anyway, hang in there. I always believe that things will work out the way they are meant to be. It's just a matter of holding on until then.