January 30, 2010

What I Learned in a Day at the Mesa Arts Center

This ugly green exhibit is me. The artist, Carol Milne, named this piece of art, Envy. She explains that this particular gentleman is "green" with envy when he looks into his neighbor's yard. Then she stated, "If only envy was such a visible thing." When I stared at this piece, I thought that's what I would look like if my envy was visible.

Jared and I had a good talk the other night about how we always look at others and wish we had all the good things they have. But after really analyzing my life, although we have hard things, it makes me who I am. Besides, we don't know everyone's REAL story. They look so happy and things look fine, but there might be something else that we can't see.

So no more green for me! I am thankful for my life and know that all things that happen in my life are just for me, so I can learn and grow and become all that I was created to become.

Bored teens!!



Seeing eye to eye.
Amazed at the bead work. She sat there and watched the video for almost 15 minutes.



This little piece of art is made out of pine needles. Amazing.
Hey, I'm actually in a picture. I told Wyatt that when I die, he will have no pictures of me to look at...just this one. This thing gave me the creeps!!

2 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Syd and I were just talking that we think the "do not covet" is the hardest commandment to follow. Not that we really are aching for other people's "things", but that it is so hard not to wish for their experiences, accomplishments or seemingly good situations.

And then to take it to the next step and be happy for the person even when you want to be jealous.... Ryan is completely happy for others so I spend a lot of time just being guilty.

Tricia said...

Amen!! (Great Pics too!)