February 11, 2010

My Valentine

Dear Valentine,
Did you love me the first time we spoke
down at the high school track, my body slim and toned, hair brown, a sparkle in my eye
as I told you to call me for a boring date?

Do you love me now, my hair as silver as
the moon and wrinkles criss cross my eyes
as I ask you to run downstairs to get me a cold drink
from the fridge in the middle of the night?

Will you love me tomorrow, my hair as white as snow,
time written on my face, lips pale, body fragile
as I ask you to read to me and to speak up
just a bit?

I hope you say yes.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love this! So sweet!

Rachel said...

Love this post! We need to set an appointment very soon!!!!

d.jo said...

After only 5 years and only 2 kids, I wonder the same thing...except my additional stanza reads: will you still love me tomorrow when I ask you to hold a screaming baby and fold the laundry at the same time? Great posts, Lori, and as always, gorgeous photos!

Marcie Ashton said...

He's lucky to have you!

Wyatt said...

Yes!

I Love your silver locks and your tiny wrinkles more than I loved your toned body and brown hair back then.

It is only by luck I found you and you stuck it out!

oh, and tomorrow, lets let time fade from our concerns, and while we do, lets be happy together.

Love you