June 21, 2010

Day of Sorrow

Yesterday was hard.  I went to bed on Father's Day Eve committing to celebrate the next day in honor of Wyatt.  I wanted it to be a happy day.

I told Wyatt on Father's Day morning that despite my efforts to make it be a happy day, I woke feeling very sorrowful.  My heart was heavy.  My tears were on the surface waiting to rush out at any moment.  I MISS MY DAD and no matter how much I ignored and push away the feelings--they were still there. 

I didn't feel my dad at all yesterday.  I don't know why, other than when I feel him close, I get really sad and cry.  I don't think he wanted me to feel that yesterday.

3 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I am sorry. I have know idea how difficult it must be...but I bet you are right-he wants you to be happy!

Marcie Ashton said...

I hate when I don't edit my comments before I send them... "no" not "know". There-I feel better.

Michelle Ashton said...

I know how you feel. I thought of my Dad often yesterday. But I do know that you are right.... your Dad wants you to be happy. I do know how hard it is. I find myself being sad and wishing that I could have him here. But I have to remember that he is always near, just in a different way than I want.