June 22, 2010

A View from a Father

Last night we (our entire family, all of our kids and their spouses, every single one of them, not one missing, etc.) went to Toy Story 3 in 3D.  That was such a cute little story and very nostalgic for us as we have watched the story of Andy and his toys unfold since the kids were all little.  I actually scrapbooked about Toy Story 1 because it was the the little girls "first" movie. 

As Wyatt and I sat there looking down the theater row, our hearts were full.  Throughout the movie, we could hear each individual child laugh.  Our children's laughter filled our hearts.  I love hearing my children laugh, but most of all, I love feeling my husband happy.

As we drove home my husband said, "This has been a pretty great summer so far, hasn't it?"

For a moment, I had to ponder his question.  I know the summer for me and the kids have been fun.  We've been four wheeling, cliff diving, river rafting, mall shopping, movie watching, deal finding, swimming pool swimming, sleeping in, etc.  But for Wyatt, he has got up early every morning and gone to work--nothing new, nothing exciting, just nose to the grindstone like every other day.

Then I realized that dads sacrifice, so that his family can have all the fun and that makes him happy.

So thank you Wyatt, thank you for working so hard so we can have all the fun. 

3 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Dads/husbands are amazing aren't they?! I don't think they get enough credit for just being steady and secure.

d.jo said...

I love your posts. They're always so insightful. You are a true artist in the way you blog, too. I happen to love the post about your son being home. So awesome! Husbands, fathers, and sons play such intrical roles in our lives--I think sometimes they don't truly understand how important they are to us. I have to remind myself to remind them of their infinite value.

Rachel said...

Thanks for helping me realize I need to be more grateful in my heart. I just take rob for granted alot! Wyatt is a good guy!