February 3, 2011

{A Day in the Life of a Kidney Donor} Thursday

After much, much prayer and lots of discussions with my sweetheart and family....I have decided to donate one of my kidneys to my mom.  I have decided to blog about my journey...I don't know where it will take me or how things will work out, but I am trusting in my Heavenly Father to guide my path.

After I knew that I was supposed to do this, I had the overwhelming feeling that I needed to call and tell my mom....not that night after work....not that next weekend...NOW!  I followed the prompting and dialed her number.  When I told her, there was a long pause and then she said, "You know, it's funny you called.  Last night I told Heavenly Father that I was tired of dialysis and that I wanted to stop going and just die to be with my sweetheart.  You have given me new hope."

So that's what I am going to do.  Our plans are shooting for June.  I have to start now.  There are questions about my own health that I need to have answered.  I need to schedule a couple of appointments to follow up on things, but for now, I am headed in that direction and letting Heavenly Father's will be done.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Lori,
What a selfless thing to do. Your mom is so lucky to haveyou for a daughter.....and I am lucky to have you as a "daughter", too. We will be praying for you and your mom.

Rachel said...

Wow! You are far more brave than I could ever be! We will all be praying and wishing you luck on your journey!

Marcie Ashton said...

Wow. What an amazing sacrifice. Good luck-and I'll be praying for you both.

Michelle Ashton said...

What an amazing blessing you will both get with all of this. We will keep you both in our pryaers and I look forward to hearing about your "journey" along the way. Love you!

MerileeAshton said...

*HUGS* Oh good luck with all that will come with this. You are an answer to a prayer I'm sure. What a blessing to know that you called immediately upon being prompted and knowing this was right.

Having had a girlfriend of Brynna's just go through a transplant (the donor was one of the YW Presidents in our building), I know you will be heading into a very spiritual journey in preparation. I hope everything goes well. Let us know how we can help. We will include you and your mom in our fasting and prayers.