Things have been frustrating for me lately.
It seems when it rains it pours. The more I try to live
like the Savior, the more the adversary throws my way. This morning I couldn't
do it anymore. I knelt by my bed and through my tears
laid my burdens at the feet of Him whose yoke is easy.
I have an appointment for my second breast exam and follow up
mammogram. Hopefully, things will be fine and I can continue on my path as a
kidney donor. Doubts creep in, but I remind myself that
I studied it out in my mind, made up my decision,
took it to Heavenly Father and the rest is up to Him.
My endocrinologist doesn't seem to want to get back with me.
I talked with his nurse almost two weeks ago. I guess I will try again.
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said:
"When suffering, we may in fact be nearer to God than we’ve ever been in our entire lives. That knowledge can turn every such situation into a would-be temple.
Regarding our earthly journey, the Lord has promised, “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up” (D&C 84:88). That is an everlasting declaration of God’s love and care for us, including—and perhaps especially—in times of trouble."
"Lessons from Liberty Jail", Ensign, Sept. 2009, 26–33
3 comments:
Keep your chin up!!!
Hang in there. You are brave and stong...more than you know...
Good for you Lori! Keep moving forward--sometimes the little steps are the progress you have to notice in order to keep from going crazy.
I admire you for following your prompting to donate. I will pray for you, as I am sure this will be a difficult journey as well as a blessing to you and your family!
HUGS!
Post a Comment