One of the wonderful things about being empty nesters, Wyatt and I get up on Saturday morning and look at it each other and ask "What adventure are we going on today?" I recently bought a book about weird things to see in Arizona and I picked a place out of it. Wyatt wanted to go to Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. So, we decided to kill two birds....
Casa Grande Ruins is amazing. No matter how much archeologists try, no one can figure out how to keep the site from decay. They have tried many things but nothing is working. Nature is taking its toll on the ruins.
Here's what I wanted to see. Something weird. It's called the Domes of Casa Grande. It was supposed to be some sort of manufacturing facility. Now it lays in ruins. Visiting both of these places reminds me that nothing man made lasts. Only blessings that come from Heavenly Father can last forever.
"The family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children." The Family: A Proclamation to the World.
"Eternal life, or exaltation, is to inherit a place...where we will live in God's presence and continue as families. Like immortality, this gift is made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. However, it requires our "obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." True to the Faith









0 comments:
Post a Comment