July 14, 2015

Adalynn

To see the video, click here.

There is something so amazing about childbirth.  It's almost as if heaven and earth meet.  I had the great privilege of witnessing my youngest daughter give birth to her daughter.  I have tried to witness other grandchildren's births but each one resulted in a C-section and only one person could go in.  Adalynn's birth was "textbook" according to the doctor.  I submit that it was miraculous.  

That's my baby laying on that bed.  She has the strength of an ox.  She's always been emotionally strong.  Her emotions have always been kept in check.  She rarely lets us glimpse any of her emotions.  We call her our philosopher.  She thinks so deeply, like her dad.  My heart was ripping inside me as I saw her lying there, shaking with pain, but no complaint was uttered.  Finally, she whispered to her husband that the pain was too much to bear and asked for an epidural.  

Still with emotions in check, she began to push.  She pushed a few times and then began to weep.  My heart was full.  Gray and Zach opted not to find out what they were having.  As Kodi and I lingered in the room, our eyes turned to a piece of paper that said, "Baby Boy."  We questioned quietly to ourselves wondering if the doctor and nurses somehow knew.  All this time, all these feelings of a little girl coming, I couldn't make sense of it.  

As soon as the doctor announced, "It's a girl!" Gray broke down.  She covered her eyes and wept.  All she could say was, "You are so beautiful," over and over to this sweet little angel that she has felt inside her for 9 months.  This little baby that only she could feel at every moment.  

That's my strong philosopher and for the first time in forever, her emotions escaped her as she basked in a little bit of heaven.  










0 comments: