October 22, 2015

North Dakota Adventures



Wyatt and I had the opportunity to travel to North Dakota last week to visit these two sweeties (we love their parents, too!) It was so nice to get to see and play with the grandkids again.





Brock took us out and about to see what North Dakota was all about.  He took us to this large railroad bridge.  The scale was just incredibly massive!  I tell Brock that I want to take pictures by a railroad bridge and he takes me here!!  That's a Brock adventure for sure!  We did not get stuck in the mud, but we did travel on a no trespassing bridge....but that's how Brock rolls!!
 


There were a lot of sunflower fields.  I had to have Brock stop and let me get out and take a picture of them.  It was pretty awesome.


Then Brock took us to a habitat preserve and we walked around on a cute little trail just outside of town.  It was a little cold for these two valley dwellers.  



Here's a good shot of Darby's "knof" sheath.  He carries around a Phillips screwdriver (I'm actually surprised it wasn't in the sheath).  He won't let it out of his hand usually.  Brock made him a belt and a sheath for his "knof."  He is the cutest thing!!



I love the cute little house they live in!  I would love to remodel that!  It was amazing.  


When I was taking pictures of Shelby, she was smiling really big showing both her upper teeth and lower teeth.  I told her just to laugh and she kept doing it.  Then I told her, "Just don't smile" and I got this shot.  I think she was exasperated with grandma!!





I told Brock that North Dakota is a photographer's dream!!  We just found this awesome bridge down the road.  I loved it!!  He showed me some other places, old downtown, old brick, old metal....I was in heaven.  When we drove down a street, I kept thinking, "I want to take pictures there and there and there...."  I'll definitely have to go back someday if they still live there.  




Now I have to explain the laughter on their faces.  Old grandma was sitting down on the ground getting this wonderful shot of this beautiful family when out of the corner of my eye I saw Wyatt behind me.  I reached around with my arm and said, "Babe, make a funny face behind me so the kids will look."  Then I realized it wasn't my babe, it was some lady walking along the bridge.  She stopped and made some funny faces behind me getting this picture.....



This was a little railroad track for a small park type train.  When I had Shelby sit on it, she kept looking behind her asking me if the train was coming.  She was so concerned about it.  



Papa and Shelby



This kid really likes to swing!!


We loved our time in North Dakota and I wished that I could have stayed longer.  Shelby and Darby and truly my sweeties and I love them to death.  I'm so happy they let old grandma and grandpa come to visit and stay with them!!

0 comments: