We went to an awesome Coyotes game tonight. We got the tickets for Christmas and all the kids were able to go. I really don't let Wyatt know that the real reason I like to go to hockey games is to
see the goalies stretching out. In a sick, twisted way, it kind of turns me on. Something about the athletic, flexible type. Is it wrong to secretly wish that my husband was that limber? Okay....WEIRD! Anyway, it was an exciting game and we actually won. I do think that any professional game I attend personally creates a win. It is some kind of superstitious thing.
Well, we were climbing up the steep stairs and I was wearing an opened back boot type of shoe when of course, my kids were present, someone stepped on the back of my shoe and it came off. I didn't realize it until the crowd had pushed me up about four more steps. Thankfully, the child that stepped on the shoe saw what happened and remorsefully picked up the shoe and handed it up to me.
Wyatt is so patient with me at the games. Our conversation goes something like this:
Me: "What is happening now?"
Wyatt: "One of the players just hit a high stick (something) and now he is going in the penalty box.......COME ON!! LET'S DO SOMETHING OUT THERE (he is yelling to the players)."
Me: "You mean he has to sit over there all by himself away from his team? That's sad. He doesn't get to talk to anyone in that little booth? That doesn't seem right."
Me: "Look, that one guy just pushed that other guy into the wall. Is that legal? That's mean. They shouldn't be allowed to do that."
Me: "What's happening now?"
Wyatt: "They are having a shootout (?). When the game is tied, they each get three chances to score."
Me: "You mean after all that hard work, someone is allowed to just have a free shot at the goal and that determines the winner? That doesn't seem right. The whole team worked so hard all three periods to just have it all hang on one person's luck at the end. That just doesn't seem fair."
Wyatt: (Looking at me with exasperation in his eyes) "Someone has to win and it beats having a tie game."
Me: "That still just doesn't seem right."
And that is how I learn about hockey and how Wyatt puts up with me.