
I never believed my mother when she said, "Someday, you will have a child just like you." Even still, I thought that would be fine because I was pretty cool. But now that I am a mother, even I don't like my teenage self. I think when I got to my twenties, I must have gone into some kind brainless mode. What was I thinking? Didn't I take some sort of math in school? Five kids + seven years = psychiatric facility in my 40's. I remember being so proud at my 10 year high school reunion telling all my classmates that I had already had all my children and the last one would be out of the house when I was 47. Was I stupid? Didn't I realize that somewhere between 30 something and 47 there would be an inevitable inpatient psychiatric stay while my kids were all teenagers at once? Somebody knock me upside the head!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment