I am so glad that I am married to a motivated, politically minded person. I am the total opposite. I didn't feel good today, I haven't for about a week. With the sound of my cough, could be bronchitis? You know me, wait until I have full blown pneumonia before I go into a doctor because I am a nurse and can handle it....right? Anyway, despite feeling like the underside of a toilet bowl, my husband convinced me to go out and vote. I couldn't believe the line as it wound down around the corner. There were probably a steady stream of 100 people in line the whole 30 minutes or so we stood in line. I told Wyatt that I wish I had my camera (I shot the above picture with his camera phone) because I had a picture in mind as I saw the steady stream of people lining up to vote and in the middle of the winding line there stood the flag on a pole. It was very poignant. I am so grateful that I am blessed to live in this country and to have the freedoms that I enjoy. I also am grateful to stand in line without any fear and vote all because I want to. I am also grateful for young men who leave their families and risk their lives to fight for that freedom. These young men who have never left home before and go to a strange place and learn how to kill someone if necessary and then head off to a cold far away place to be stationed until they are called up to go overseas. What great courage those young men have and how brokenhearted their mothers must be.
February 5, 2008
Super Tuesday
Posted by Lori Ashton at 9:20 PM