

Well, today was Gray's 12th birthday. Just another day, she decided. She came up to my office today about 2 p.m. stating that "what are birthdays for? They are just another stupid day." I told her to just wait until she got older and then they would really be just another stupid day. She said she told her friend that she liked this boy and then her friend went over and hugged him right in front of her. Then her teacher made her wear a "stupid" birthday hat with candles on it all day and she couldn't take it off. I told her that I would march down there and talk to her teacher if she wanted me to, she declined the offer. She finally went back to class.
Then we went to the mall for her to pick something out for her birthday. While we were there, a lady at a kiosk ask her if she wanted her hair curled with a straightener, we said sure and told the lady it was her birthday and wasn't it lucky that she got picked to get her hair fixed. I had to stand there and bite my tongue as the lady combed her hair with a brush she used on who knows how many people. I have combed out so many lice from kids at school that I just hoped that the heat from the straightener would kill any and all lice if there be any!! Gray loved it.
I finally got a hold of my dearest friend, Sheri!! I was so happy to talk to her. I think we talked about 45 minutes to each other and I think I could have talked another four hours.
I am so tired lately. I don't know what it is. Stress? I actually called my endocrinologist to find out when my next appointment was. They told me I have an ultrasound of my thyroid bed on the 30th. I can't wait to get labs because I keep thinking, "something has to be wrong with me." For now, I guess I just keep dragging myself out of bed each morning....
I haven't heard from my son for a while, if you're reading this, remember it is Mother's Day soon and I would love to hear from you!!!
May 8, 2008
Gray's 12th Birthday
Posted by Lori Ashton at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment