July 5, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus


Well, for something fun to do today, Wyatt and I decided to take the kids and ride the city bus. We drove all around trying to find passes but finally called Valley Metro and they said that we could pay on the bus but that you needed exact change. So we drove all over trying to get enough quarters and dollars that we all could pay with exact change. I tell you, it was a nightmare.

We finally got to the bus stop and waited but then as the bus came, we realized that we were on the eastbound side of the road and we wanted to go westbound. The driver pointed down the street at another bus stop on the other side of the road about 150 yards away. He waited while we ran and crossed the busy street. He actually let us ride for free because he didn't have time to wait for all of us to put in our change, he was running late.

So we rode on down to Chandler Fashion Center and walked around and shopped. We also stopped at Best Buy. I almost got a new camera but just couldn't bring ourselves to spending that much money. We rushed over to the other bus stop and caught the bus back to our truck. I think the kids had a fun time. It was an adventure that is for sure.

Kelli went out with a blind date. A leader in our ward asked her to go out with their "nephew." His name was Austin. When I asked him what his name was, he said, "Oz." He looked like the kid off that 1970's church movie, "The Phone Call."

0 comments: