We have been thinking about how to remember my dad all day today. After the girls came to my office from school, Kodi suggested that we buy some balloons, attach a note, and send them into heaven for Grandpa's birthday.
Grandpa,
It's been a year since you left. I think I speak for the entire family when I say we miss you. It's not easy here without you, but you left a great example for all to follow. I love you, Grandpa. Thanks for everything you did for me. You were truly an angel sent here from heaven to help your family. I'm so grateful for the role model you were to me. I'm a better person and I know it's because of the wonderful leader you were for everyone. I can't wait until the day we will all be together again, Grandpa. I'm Happy! --Kelli
Grandpa,
Happy Birthday. I miss you Grandpa. I miss seeing your loving face. I miss you telling us to get along, but I know someday I won't miss those things. I love you, Grandpa. I hope to talk to you one day about all that you have done. I can't wait for that day. Love, Kodi
Dear Grandpa,
Happy Birthday. I miss you so much and I love you so much. I hope that you're happy. I love you. Love, Gray
Dad,
Happy Birthday!! I know this is nowhere near having you here, but we just wanted you to know that we celebrate you today. We remember you today. We love you today. We miss you today. Happy Birthday! --Lori
Wings Of The Angelsby Tim Chambers
A gentle wind blew across the land
Reaching out to take a hand
For on the winds the angels came
Calling out a grandpa's name.
Left behind, the children's tears
Loving memories of the years
Of joy and love, a life well spent
And now to God a grandpa's sent.
On angel's wings, a heavenly flight
The journey home, towards the light
To those who weep, a life is gone
But in God's love, 'tis but the dawn.
1 comments:
Lori
I'm so glad that I found your blog. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. And a double thank you for sharing this wonderful idea. I lost my dad nearly 18 years ago and as you probably know Rick's dad has been gone for over 2 years now. I love this idea of remembering them each year with balloon messages. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, thank you.
Post a Comment