Twenty years ago today, I held my son for the first time. What a sweet blessing. He has made my life so full of joy. Today is also a terrible day. That same son, who depended on me for everything so long ago, is now on his way to Afghanistan. Now I depend on him. I depend on him to defend our country so I can live my life. I depend on him to choose the right when there will be so much evil around him. I depend on him to make good decisions that will keep him safe. I depend on him to come home alive.
March 1, 2009
March 1st, a Bittersweet Day
Posted by Lori Ashton at 10:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was "just" thinking of him. We love you guys and will pray for him.
I hope it's ok that I took a couple of pictures from some of your older posts to make a post on my blog.
*HUGS* We'll be praying for his safety and your comfort. What a wonderful young man he has become and with a lot of help from his great parents. :) Keep us updated.
I wish you the best of luck and all of the Lord's blessings!
Post a Comment