August 2, 2009

Awesome Dream

Last night I had the best dream. Brock was about three years old and he was wandering a parking lot helping his little sister, looking for me. When I called to him, he looked over at me and had tears running down his cheeks. I ran in and scooped him up and held him close to me. It was so real, just like it was when he was little. I squeezed him tight and told him, don't cry, you're a little soldier. Then I woke up. I so wanted to go back to that time. Back to the days when he was mine and I could protect him.

My heart was full with the memories that I have of him, but also ached for the longing to hold him in my arms and keep him safe once again.

But for now, I just keep praying that he is safe and that he will come home soon.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow, I love dreams like that!

Mary said...

Dreams are wonderful. i wish i could spend all my time in my dreams. like you i wish he was in my arms now like he is in my dreams. love you mom.

Rachel said...

I love when our minds let us recapture things like this! My mind often forgets and so when I get a dream that is so real like that I can be nothing but happy!

d.jo said...

I wish time could stand still sometimes. I hope Brock is safe, too.